If you land a brown trout in the Rocky River during the 2017-2018 season, submit a photo of the catch as soon as possible to TheRockyRiver.com (See “To Enter” instructions below). In exchange, your approved submission will secure a single entry into the Brown Trout Bonus Derby (BBTD) end-of-the-year lottery. For every additional brown trout photo an angler submits throughout the season, an additional entry will be awarded to that angler. The more entries an individual has, the better the chances are of winning the lottery drawing. There is no limit as to how many entries may be submitted. The deadline to enter is midnight (EST), April 29, 2018.
The drawing will take place on May 1, 2018 and the winner will receive: $100.00
1. Catch a brown trout in the Rocky River, Ohio.*
2. Snap fish pic, preferably with identifiable background features in the photo.**
3. Private Message our Facebook page with the photo and the following details:
4. Once approved, you will receive an email with a special number. SAVE THIS NUMBER! You will need it to see if it matches the number at the end-of-year drawing.
All accepted entries will be recorded and posted on the BBTD scoreboard. To keep up-to-date on your status, as well as all other accepted entries, check in at the BBTD scoreboard.
* Brown trout are found all over the world, but catching one in the Rocky River is quite the rare occasion, only happening a handful of times each season. Therefore, unlike the 30 | 10 Club where a steelhead from anywhere in the world is perfectly acceptable, the Bonus Brown Trout Derby applies ONLY TO THE ROCKY RIVER IN OHIO. If a brown trout is caught anywhere else other than the Rocky River, please do not submit it, as it will be disqualified. Only brown trout caught between September 1, 2017 and April 29, 2018 are eligible. If there is reason to believe a fish was caught prior to September 1, 2017, and the angler cannot prove otherwise, the photo may be disqualified. All decisions, for or against, will be final.
** As the BBTD lottery is based on the honor system, we require the photo of the brown trout to include as much background featured in the shot as possible. This helps us identify the area of the river to confirm it was caught in the Rocky River, along with the location description required of your email submission. If the photo is taken pointed at the ground, or close up on the fish or angler and we cannot identify the background, your photo may be contested and may be disqualified. If we suspect the fish was not caught in the Rocky River, and the contestant cannot prove otherwise, the submission may be disqualified. All decisions, for or against, will be final.
TheRockyRiver.com reserves the right to approve, deny or revoke any BBTD application and/or lottery entry, for any reason, if and when we deem it appropriate.